Pages

3/26/10

Barney


Meet Barney.  He's a money bank I've had for over 25 years.  I have no clue where he came from, but I've always loved him because he had a piece of string for a collar and he was a DOG bank.  

No regular piggy bank for me.  No sirree, Bob.

The plastic plug in the bottom broke several years ago, so now all my loose change is held in by duct tape!  I think he is now old enough to qualify as a vintage money bank.  

There is a copyright stamp on the bottom that says Thrifti Check Serv. Corp 100 Park Ave NY, which leads me to think that possibly he came from a bank.  Maybe as a give-away when you open an account. I tried a Google search on the company, but came up blank.

But none of that matters.  Only thing that matters is that Barney has lasted all these years in keeping my change safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment