Pages

6/19/11

Funny, funny Puff

 This is the actual book I learned how to read with when I was about 4 years old; "Good Times with Our Friends".  The 1954 edition.

I loved that book (still do) and I credit it for jump starting me towards a love of reading.  Which actually started out as a competition with myself.  See, my older two sisters had learned to read using this book, and I was bound and determined to read it too. Except I was going to learn to read the entire book at an earlier age than they did. (I currently have no idea what age they learned to read it.) And by the time I was in first grade, I had it mastered.

I loved this little chapter with Puff.  I'm not sure why. I think it was because, at the time, to me, Puff was kinda a weird name for a kitten.

Little did I know that I would grow up and have three girls who would give their 8 kittens names like this....

No comments:

Post a Comment